Prop supports are a robust and reliable way to secure any load bearing wall. The prop support is the industry standard fixing to secure walls while you are working below or around them. It can be fitted between a double skin brick cavity to support a wall structurally or for safe removal of lower brickwork.
Our Prop Support is fully compatible with our range of acrow props and can be used with our Mortar Raking Blade. We also stock a Prop Mate without a handle.
|Safe Working Load||340kg|
|Maximum Working Height||3m|
This strong and durable product is fully compatible with Acrow props and increases the versatility and user options for utilising the props to support damaged brickwork, lintels and beams, replacing wall ties, installing R.S.Js and lintels, as well as to support safe masonry removal.
- Heavy load bearing support of up to 340 kg per bracket
- Highest quality steel
- Fully compatible with Acrow props
- Temporary, fully removable support
- Perfect for breaking out double or single skin walls
- Nationwide delivery
- For purchase or hire
Strongboy wall support brackets are manufactured from the highest quality steel which is fully zinc plated to offer a robust and low maintenance product.
- Maximum working height: 3m from a firm base.
- Bracket weight: 7kg.
- Load capacity: up to 340kg per bracket.
- Maximum recommended distance between props: 900mm (3’) although this will depend on the specifications of the load.
Versatile and portable
Brackets can be installed from either side of a brick cavity wall, whilst its 7 kg weight allows portability and strength.
Easy installation and use
The installation of Strongboy support brackets into masonry walls involves an easy three step process:
- Identify the appropriate height for the Strongboy and drill into the raked bed joint of a masonry wall, removing enough mortar to fit the strong boy bracket.
- Hammer the strong boy into the gap and tighten using the screw handle.
- Attach an Acrow prop to the strong boy.
Safety and use
When installing and using Strongboy wall support brackets, the following items of equipment are recommended:
- Construction safety helmet
- Eye protection
- Safety footwear
Strongboy wall support brackets are ideally suited to load bearing for masonry walls but, as with all construction work, due care is needed to ensure safe use and application as circumstances and specifications will vary. If in doubt about how to use Strongboy brackets safely or to confirm quantities required for load capacity, consult with your structural engineer. Available for sale or hire from SafeSite Facilities, with nationwide UK delivery – just ask us for a quote.
- Supports up to 340Kg per bracket
- Highest quality steel
- Compatible with Acrow props
- Ideal for breaking out double or single skin walls